Sources of Grass Seed, Sod, and Plugs
For Colorado Lawns
The following are Colorado seed companies that will sell seed directly to homeowners. Some may work cooperatively with select garden centers and nurseries to fill homeowner orders. They are all reputable seed companies that carry high quality, weed-free seed at fair prices.
Arkansas Valley Seed Solutions
I-25 & Hwy 66
Longmont, CO 80504
Pawnee Buttes Seed Company
605 25th Street
Greeley, CO. 80632
800-782-5947 or 970-356-7002
Rocky Mountain Seed Co
1925 County Rd 54G
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Sharp Bros. Seed Co.
104 East 4th Street Road
Greeley, CO 80631
970-356-4710 or 800-421-4234
13260 County Road 29
Dolores, CO 81323
For information on Colorado sod producers, go to the Rocky Mountain Sod Growers Association at http://sod-growers.com/
To order buffalograss plugs (Legacy, Prestige):
- Todd Valley Farms (Mead, NE – near Lincoln) at www.toddvalleyfarms.com
- High Country Gardens at www.highcountrygardens.com
CMG GardensNotes on Lawn Care and Selection
- Basic Turf Management Practices, #551
- Broadleaf Weed Control in Lawns, #552
- Dog Urine Damage on Lawns: Causes, Cures and Prevention, #553
- Earthworm and Nightcrawlers in the Home Lawn, #554
- Turfgrass Species Selection Guidelines, #561
- Best Turf Varieties: Variety Recommendations for Bluegrass, Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, Fine Fescue, Buffalograss and Bermudagrass, #562
- Hybrid (Kentucky X Texas) Bluegrass for Turf Use in Colorado, #563
- Fine Fescues for Lawns, #564
- Buffalograss Lawns, #565
- Sources of Grass Seed, Sod, and Plugs for Colorado Lawns, #566
- References and Review Questions: Turf Management, #550
- CMG GardenNotes are available online at www.cmg.colostate.edu
- Colorado Master Gardener/Colorado Gardener Certificate Training is made possible by a grant from the Colorado Garden Show, Inc.
- Colorado State University, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Colorado counties cooperating
- Extension programs are available to all without discrimination.
- No endorsements of products mentioned is intended nor is criticism implies of products not mentioned.
- Copyright. 2010. Colorado Master Gardener Program, Colorado State University Extension. All Rights Reserved. CMG GardenNotes may be reproduced without change or additions, for nonprofit educational use.
Revised December 2010