The Colorado Master Gardener Program
New CMG GardenNotes
The following are new CMG GardenNotes
- Herb Gardening, CMG GardenNotes #731, (new)
- Key to Identifying Common Landscape Trees in Colorado, CMG GardenNotes #156 (new)
Application Time for 2014 Colorado Master Gardener / Colorado Gardener Certificate Training
County Extension Offices are currently processing applications for the 2014 Colorado Master Gardener / Colorado Gardener Certificate Training.
- 2014 Training Schedule - Front Range Site (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, El Paso, Jefferson, Gilpin, Larimer, and Weld Counties)
- 2014 Training Schedule - Distance Education Sites (Archuleta, Chaffee, Fremont, Grand, Gunnison, La Plata, Montezuma, Pueblo, San Miguel, and Summit, Counties)
- 2013, Fall-Evening Class Schedule in Boulder
CMG/CGC Training — 60 plus hours of classroom instructions (including lectures, small group activities, and lab activities) focused on home gardening.
Becoming a CMG Volunteer — Assist the local county office of CSU Extension in fostering successful gardening through home garden educational programs.
Application Process — Contact your County Office of CSU Extension. Since county specific information is needed, applications are not available online.
CO-Hort is CSU Extension's gardening blog. It is designed for green industry personnel, Colorado Master Gardener volunteers, and the gardening public. Enjoy the timely information for CSU Horticultural Agents and Specialists. The URL is http://www.csuhort.blogspot.com/
The Colorado Master Gardener manual has been reformatted into a full color textbook, by David Whiting, Kendall Hunt Publishing Co. (ISBN 978-0-7575-9659-9). The book focuses on research-based gardening information in 636 pages with over 600 color photographs and line drawings. Units include the following:
- Benefits of Gardening
- How Plants Grow
- Soils, Fertilizers and Soil Amendments
- Diagnostics and Pest Management
- Trees and Shrubs: Identification, Selection, and Planting
- Herbaceous Plants (Flowers)
- Water Wise Landscape Design
- Irrigation Management
- By mail (mail check) from state CMG Office
- The book is also available from Kendall Hunt Publishing (print or Electronic Delivery EBook formats).