The Colorado Master Gardener Program
Colorado Master Gardenerssm are CSU Extension volunteers trained in horticulture and work out of the local county extension office. We extend research based education throughout Colorado to foster successful gardeners, develop partnerships and build stronger communities.
We may do this through:
- Educational workshops
- Speakers' bureau
- Farmer's market, garden show and fair booths
- Answering questions through email, on the phone or in person
- Mentoring community and school gardens
- Mass media such as blogs, newspaper, radio, podcasts
- Identifying plant pest problems
- Demonstration and research gardens
In 2014, thirty-two Colorado counties participated in the Colorado Master Gardener volunteer program. Learn more.
In April 2015 Colorado Garden Foundation (CGF) awarded a $5000 grant to the Colorado Master Gardener program. The monies will be used to support purchase of educational materials and supplies. Learn more.
Emerald Ash Borer in Colorado
The following resources provide information on the identification and management of Emerald Ash Borer in Colorado:
- Colorado Department of Agriculture: Emerald Ash Borer
- Emerald Ash Borer Manual
- Emerald Ash Borer: Frequently Asked Question
- Control Options for Emerald Ash Borer in Colorado
- Procedures for Colorado Master Gardener Volunteers Dealing with Emerald Ash Borer Questions
CO-Hort is CSU Extension's gardening blog. It is designed for green industry personnel, Colorado Master Gardener volunteers, and the gardening public. Enjoy the timely information for CSU Horticultural Agents and Specialists. The URL is http://www.csuhort.blogspot.com/